Summer catch ups
Been a few days since I blogged
Getting the hang of blogging, but once again, I'm an ENFP
ENFP always hold fleeting interest in things they do (at least that's the case for me)
So it's nature's fault, not me.
The past few days have been nothing short of fulfilling for me and I've been doing what I really want to do
Catching up with old time friends have always been the number 1 priority during breaks.
YES, I'm a social butterfly like this, but I hold these friendships dear to me
I cant catch up ALL these friends regularly, but I try to make sure it is a well spent catch-up when I do!
They are people who matter to me.
How to tell whether a friend matters to me?
If I remember to wish you on your birthday every year even without Facebook reminder, I think you matter enough to me.
I don't wish people on facebook, cos I find it too convenient.
My birthday text/calls are rarely short like "Hey, happy birthday man" (unless it's purely ceremonial that i wish the person)
(I personally adore long text messages because it shows effort)
Sometimes I ponder over the type of the people I'm able to click well with
I cant seem to be able to find subject/topic in common among the friends.
For example, just yesterday I met Eddee.
Not very typical of a Singaporean
We talked about health food/pretentious acquaintances/govt conspiracies/ disillusioned sg life
Then, of course there's X,
Whiny, always bully people, shopping addict.
But she cares about her friends, and truly do.
The list could go on to show how diverse the type of people i "like"
They don't hold many common subject or interest with me
However, all these people share a common traits I believe they possess.
Genuine
I can over emphasize how much I love a genuine personality
I'm always very skeptical to people as an acquaintance.
But once I deem a certain person to be genuine
Poof
My skepticism disappears and my guard's down when I'm with them
Love all my friends
I really do
I don't know if i'll keep contact with all of them 10 years down the road
But right now
I want to & I will
Apart from spending time to catch up, I found myself visiting cafes in the past week more than I did in the entire past semester
I've been reading (yes, reading) this book 1Q84.
I can't say I am particularly interested in it, but it's quite a straightforward read even though it's lengthy.
I hope I will finally be able to complete a book since I last read a book in 8 years ago.
This is one of my summer bucket list to complete
I don't regret many things I do.
I'm not a believer of the concept of regret.
When making a decision, I believe that is what I thought was the best choice or what I wanted.
Saying that you regret a decision is implying that you were stupid when you made the decision.
I don't regret
But I believe I'm over the whole thing now
I'm just hoping for the same for P
That's all I'm asking for.
I'm sounding like whiny bitch repeating this for the umpteenth times
But P is too good a friend to lose
Don't know whether we will even recognize each other next time, but this is what i want, RIGHT NOW.
Not feeling in the best of health recently
having bouts of nausea, lethargy and mild recurrent stomach pain
But not complaining cos
SUMMER'S GONNA BE LONG AND GOOD FOR ME YO.
Getting the hang of blogging, but once again, I'm an ENFP
ENFP always hold fleeting interest in things they do (at least that's the case for me)
So it's nature's fault, not me.
The past few days have been nothing short of fulfilling for me and I've been doing what I really want to do
Catching up with old time friends have always been the number 1 priority during breaks.
YES, I'm a social butterfly like this, but I hold these friendships dear to me
I cant catch up ALL these friends regularly, but I try to make sure it is a well spent catch-up when I do!
They are people who matter to me.
How to tell whether a friend matters to me?
If I remember to wish you on your birthday every year even without Facebook reminder, I think you matter enough to me.
I don't wish people on facebook, cos I find it too convenient.
My birthday text/calls are rarely short like "Hey, happy birthday man" (unless it's purely ceremonial that i wish the person)
(I personally adore long text messages because it shows effort)
Sometimes I ponder over the type of the people I'm able to click well with
I cant seem to be able to find subject/topic in common among the friends.
For example, just yesterday I met Eddee.
Not very typical of a Singaporean
We talked about health food/pretentious acquaintances/govt conspiracies/ disillusioned sg life
Then, of course there's X,
Whiny, always bully people, shopping addict.
But she cares about her friends, and truly do.
The list could go on to show how diverse the type of people i "like"
They don't hold many common subject or interest with me
However, all these people share a common traits I believe they possess.
Genuine
I can over emphasize how much I love a genuine personality
I'm always very skeptical to people as an acquaintance.
But once I deem a certain person to be genuine
Poof
My skepticism disappears and my guard's down when I'm with them
Love all my friends
I really do
I don't know if i'll keep contact with all of them 10 years down the road
But right now
I want to & I will
Apart from spending time to catch up, I found myself visiting cafes in the past week more than I did in the entire past semester
I've been reading (yes, reading) this book 1Q84.
I can't say I am particularly interested in it, but it's quite a straightforward read even though it's lengthy.
I hope I will finally be able to complete a book since I last read a book in 8 years ago.
This is one of my summer bucket list to complete
I don't regret many things I do.
I'm not a believer of the concept of regret.
When making a decision, I believe that is what I thought was the best choice or what I wanted.
Saying that you regret a decision is implying that you were stupid when you made the decision.
I don't regret
But I believe I'm over the whole thing now
I'm just hoping for the same for P
That's all I'm asking for.
I'm sounding like whiny bitch repeating this for the umpteenth times
But P is too good a friend to lose
Don't know whether we will even recognize each other next time, but this is what i want, RIGHT NOW.
Not feeling in the best of health recently
having bouts of nausea, lethargy and mild recurrent stomach pain
But not complaining cos
SUMMER'S GONNA BE LONG AND GOOD FOR ME YO.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home