Birthday
Procrastination knows no boundaries.
Life never runs out of things to procrastinate on.
I've wanted to do a little reflection since last week but failed
Now I've focused all my energy not to digress
Life never runs out of things to procrastinate on.
I've wanted to do a little reflection since last week but failed
Now I've focused all my energy not to digress
Here goes.
Being 21 year old (responsibility, career, blah blah) did not turn out to be that big issue I thought it would be
But entering SMU turned out to be the main "big thing" that happened to me
It marked the beginning of the last phase of academic studies in my life.
More importantly, it opened me up to a new pool of friends/acquaintances.
Initially, I was worried/skeptical on how I would be able to fit in the "angmoh" culture in SMU.
Initially, I was worried/skeptical on how I would be able to fit in the "angmoh" culture in SMU.
I barely spoke English in the past, unless there was a NEED to.
That was how we all were in RV, we were comfortable with our "tok gong" singlish.
Thus justifying my worries on how I'd fit into SMU.
Thus justifying my worries on how I'd fit into SMU.
To make things worse, judging by all the stories I'd heard about SMU, it certainly sounded like the last place I want to be in for the coming 4 years.
Entering uni did not turn out to be half as scary as I thought it would be.
In fact I met many like-minded people along the way.
They share the same mentality as I did.
They share the same mentality as I did.
In general, I don't like quite a number of people in school
But I also got to know some people whom I'll probably stick to in the coming few years
But I also got to know some people whom I'll probably stick to in the coming few years
Out of which a handful might even go way further in my journey.
But the problem is, people come, people go.
Though I've gained many new friends in SMU, I have lost some along the way as well.
There are many reasons people drift apart.
Duration of friendship accounts for nothing if neither of the parties place any effort.
I always believe that friendship should be a two-way affair.
If it's only me making the effort to keep a friendship tight, it just shows that the other party takes it for granted.
While I always do make the effort to keep a close personal friendship, I will let go if I feel insufficiently reciprocated.
Why keep someone who doesn't appreciate you as much?
Enough of gloom
When I turned 21, I sent a long personalized message to every friend whom I cherished and loved.
I sent around 60 messages (I think)
I swear it was the best (not to mention innovative) way to mark my 21st.
I was happy and grateful.
This year, I'm not going to do the same
It's meaningless to do that every year as the significance decreases
However, I'd like commit to memory the people who matter to me NOW.
Or had mattered in the past one year.
I will not know whether I will be close to them in the future.
Only time will tell.
But should we drift apart, at least there will be memories to look back on.
Shall dedicate my upcoming post to all the worth new friends I've made in the past year.
Sleeping soon because I will be dirtbiking and paintballing in Johor for coming 2 days.
There are many reasons people drift apart.
Duration of friendship accounts for nothing if neither of the parties place any effort.
I always believe that friendship should be a two-way affair.
If it's only me making the effort to keep a friendship tight, it just shows that the other party takes it for granted.
While I always do make the effort to keep a close personal friendship, I will let go if I feel insufficiently reciprocated.
Why keep someone who doesn't appreciate you as much?
Enough of gloom
When I turned 21, I sent a long personalized message to every friend whom I cherished and loved.
I sent around 60 messages (I think)
I swear it was the best (not to mention innovative) way to mark my 21st.
I was happy and grateful.
This year, I'm not going to do the same
It's meaningless to do that every year as the significance decreases
However, I'd like commit to memory the people who matter to me NOW.
Or had mattered in the past one year.
I will not know whether I will be close to them in the future.
Only time will tell.
But should we drift apart, at least there will be memories to look back on.
Shall dedicate my upcoming post to all the worth new friends I've made in the past year.
Sleeping soon because I will be dirtbiking and paintballing in Johor for coming 2 days.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home