Friday, May 25, 2012

Band-hopping

Just took a read of all the posts I've entered this few weeks
Should somebody actually read this, he/she would probably think I'm suicidal or some emo shit
But contrary to that, I'm nothing near that.
This is just a place to dump all the negative thoughts i hold.
And, man, this is really satisfying.
One helluva relief.
(:

Mum's gonna discharge tomorrow if nothing goes wrong.
So far so good, no complication from the surgery, except for minor bloating which is common.
Today I visited and she started nagging about how i spend money and asked sorts of questions
That is when I realized that she's actually getting better- when the nagging is back.
Quite ironic isn't it?
Use something we detest as a yardstick to see if she's alright.

Recently been bar hopping to catch different bands and singers
A beer or two is enough to keep my butt stuck to the seat for the whole night
Drowning myself with music loud enough to resonate within
Love it when i randomly chance upon good singers/band

Timbre Substation, Fri, 53A
Unintentionally popped by Timbre on a Friday and caught them for the last hour.
I was supposed to be studying overnight, the Friday before finals began, but decided to go Timbre first.
And I was so glad to actually go there.
They ended off the night with Sweet Child O' Mine which rocked the house at 1am.
I was screaming along to the song towards the end already.

Switch by Timbre, Thurs, Alfred Sim & Tay Kexin
Switch is rather enough innovative to capitalize on the market of mixed songs
They provide a mix of Mandarin, English and even Canto songs.
Alfred sings really well. REALLY REALLY well.
Strong resemblance to Jacky Cheung.
Kexin was alright, not bad, but not top notch.
Definitely will visit again just to listen to Alfred.
The Malay(?) guitarist is god-damn good.
Hitting riffs that were incredible!

Wala wala, Thurs, Shirlyn & unXpected.
Just went Wala wala today.
Shirlyn has a really strong and unique voice, with decent control of vibrato
Band is awesome, especially the malay(?) guitarist.


If I can choose a talent to be born with, I'd want to be able to sing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home