Sunday, May 20, 2012

Mother's Day

Mother's day was last Sunday, (13/5)
Fact of my life - despite me being able to remember many things
I've never been able to remember occasions like Mother's day and Father's Day.
I know now Mother's Day falls on the 2nd Sunday of May.
But I am positive that I won't remember by next year.
Does that mean that I don't love my Mum?
It will be silly to draw that conclusion.

My family isn't one that display affections in an outright and straightforward manner during occasions.
Birthdays are subtle, toned down and usually we don't even say to each other "happy birthday" verbally
It only comes along when everyone choruses together in the birthday song.
Doesn't mean we disregard birthdays, it's just that it's not such a rah-rah affair for us.

Mums are probably the most irritating yet important women in everybody's life.
Don't know how that is even possible, but it's true.

My mum's going for a womb removal procedure tomorrow.
It's a low risk surgery but still, there's risk involved.
Hope everything turns out smoothly and she will be fine.

Pray.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home