Thursday, May 24, 2012

Summer to do list: Learn give less fuck

This summer, I've got an important thing to do.
To give less fuck to things I shouldn't bother about.
As hard as it is to infer from my expressionless face, I am actually rather paranoid.
Paranoid about every single shit that happens
That is to say, every little thing around me affects me more than it would to others.
Not trying to be dramatic and all.
But learning to care less is something i need to learn.
And fast.
Else, at the end of the day, the only person to suffer is nobody but myself

Firstly, I need to learn that somethings are better left unknown.
There shouldn't be a need to know everything about everyone.
I have this almost-compulsive need to know things.
Not a tiny bit of exaggeration here.
Say whenever people gossip about something/somebody, I will want to know
When friends encounter troubles in their love lives, I will want to know
When friends have bicker with their friends (whom I don't even know), I will stick my nose in as well
I don't know where this stemmed from
What I do know is that this is quite an unhealthy obsession
In the sense that I get dishearten/feel less significant when I do not know something.
Ok, I don't think that's the most accurate way to describe it, but I can't find another word for it now.
There are so many instances that's hitting my mind right now
Many a times, I try to give less fucks, but it has never worked out permanently
That doesn't mean I stop trying.

But the most recent being P
Everything's VERY different now after this whole i-think-i-like-you saga.
At a point in time, I felt damn miserable cos for the sake of god I couldn't even get the slightest glimpse on what she was thinking.
Even after I sorted out my thoughts, I wanted to know what on badly.
Peering over the messages like a detective scrutinizing at a crime scene
Trying to piece everything together
Up till now, I can barely comprehend what exactly she's thinking.
But there's a difference now
A big one.
I'm trying to learn to care less.
I WANT to know things
But I don't HAVE to know them.
And i'll let my mind work it out from there.

Similarly, this desperate instinct struck in the incident with A a few weeks back.
But, sigh, it's too long to elaborate.
Shall skip it.

Important thing to note to self:
Sometimes, the less fuck I give to others, the happier I will be.
Sometimes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home